Saturday, May 12, 2012

For Mama


Mama

 You indulged the tomboy that I was

never chastising when I scraped a knee.

You laughed good-heartedly at my attempts to train

our dachshund for the circus.

You sewed my Sunday dresses with stitches of love.

You made me be in that darned beauty pageant when I was five

 and I won.

 You taught me how to read, and in so doing, you

gave me the greatest gift
.
You drove me to countless piano and flute lessons; 

you fostered my love of music.

You let me fly when you knew I wasn’t ready; you

let me fall. 

It hurt you more than it hurt me.

You’ve rejoiced in my successes and loved

me through my failures.

You never judge.

You smile, you laugh, you encourage each of us.

I am blessed

you are my Mama.

~Mother’s Day
5/13/12

No comments:

Post a Comment